Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Season of Giving

This year, for Alex’s teachers’ gifts, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies. My mom used to bake gifts for my teachers and it is a tradition I would like to continue. I have been using this recipe for years. It is my go-to recipe when I am in need of a crowd pleaser. In fact, I baked over 250 to go into the welcome bags at Andy’s and my wedding, and was asked for the recipe countless times at the wedding. 

Finished product. 



I picked up these boxes at Michael's, and lined them with white paper towels.
Afterwards, I added this crinkle to the bottom to make them more festive.
Each box fit about two dozen cookies. 

I wrapped them in cream paper and tied them with green, red and cream ribbons. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies


INGREDIENTS
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 package of Vanilla or French Vanilla pudding mix
1 package of chocolate chips (I usually use milk chocolate)
Makes about three dozen.

DIRECTIONS
  • Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
  • Mix butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
  • Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Gradually beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in pudding mixture.
  • Stir in morsels.
  • Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
  • Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Cool on baking sheets for two minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment