Monday, August 4, 2014

Trip to Michigan: A Day on Long Lake


We recently took a rather impromptu trip to Michigan—it was wonderful because we got to spend time with so many of my extended family.

One of the highlights was visiting my cousin Danica’s new house (with her fiancĂ©e, Brian). Danica is like a second sister to me: her mom is my mom’s sister; her dad is my dad’s brother. Their home is beautiful and they have a ton of lake front property.

Alex wanted to get in the water right away, which he did. 



America Gothic recreation 

Amanda and Brian testing out the jet skis.

Alex throwing stones in the water with Grandpa looking on.

Alex and I taking the jet ski for a spin. 






The “Relaxation Station” 



Amanda, Alex and I all going out for a ride. 
Happy!

Adam going kayaking. 

We tried to make waves for Adam kayaking. He got us back later, though. 

Aunt Janice and Joey

Relaxing by the water. 

Grandpa and Alex throwing rocks together. 


Joey resting in the hammock. 

Alex’s turn in the hammock. 


Busza got him swinging. 

Practicing for the golf tournament a few days later. 





Sunset over the water. 


We ended the day with s’mores by a fire that Brian built (this may have been Alex’s favorite part of the trip). We had a wonderful day with lots of family, lots of food, lots of pets and lots of love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment