Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Afternoon Tea


I recently had a girlfriend over for afternoon tea. My menu consisted of:
  • White chocolate raspberry scones (drizzled with white chocolate)
  • Raspberries
  • Brownies with chocolate chunks
  • Strawberries (again, drizzled with white chocolate)
  • Strawberry whoopie pies

As Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I used lots of pink for the food and decorations. And, as my friend loves chocolate, I also wanted to incorporate chocolate in the menu.




We had a great time just catching up. I find that hosting tea is so much less stressful than trying to get together at a restaurant, where you are worried about taking too long at a table (not to mention the added stress of having a child with you and trying to get together around nap times). At home, we could talk as long as we wanted (and Alex could sleep as long as he needed to)!

I love hydrangeas and the pink of this one was so beautiful.

Recipes to come.

2 comments: