Monday, January 20, 2014

Cheddar Biscuits


Last week, I started acting classes again. I thought I had hung up my hat on acting, but a former instructor/mentor called me and asked me to join his class.  I nervously accepted and went to my first class last week. I sort of felt like a fish out of water, but I hope that in a few weeks, I am feeling back into the groove.

As my being in class means that Andy has to do everything himself one night a week (daycare pick up, dinner, bedtime routine, etc.), I want to try and make it a little easier on him by having dinner ready. The day before class, I made these cheddar biscuits to go with turkey chili (which I put in the crock pot before I went to work and turned on a very low setting). When the boys came home, Andy didn’t have to think about dinner—it was all ready.


Alex helped form the biscuits.

He was quite pleased with himself. 
These biscuits are super easy (they took me about 10 minutes to get into the oven), and they are delicious (they sort of remind me of the biscuits from Red Lobster). They went fabulously with the turkey chili. 



INGREDIENTS
2 cups of baking mix (I used Bisquick)
 3 ounces of Cheddar cheese, shredded
2/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of melted butter
 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon of onion powder or minced onion
 1/8 teaspoon of dried parsley
Original recipe makes 12 biscuits


DIRECTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, water, butter and seasonings. Mix until dough is firm. Using a small scoop, place dough on the prepared pan.
  • Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment