Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Visit to the Andrews AFB Pool



My dad, Andy and Alex went to the base pool while my mom, sister and I went out for lunch and then to see Dirty Dancing the Musical (which was great!).


I grew up on a base pool. Our summers in Texas consisted of us getting a pool patch sewn onto our bathing suits and spending about seven to eight a hours a day there. By the time the summer was over, we were super blond, super tan, and our pool patches were faded beyond recognition. We loved it (although our skin did not).

Here are a few highlights from the boys’ outing to the base pool. 




Notice the “No Running” sign in the background. He is such a good listener. 








Dunking it with Grandpa. 

Check out that kick. 


The pool had a kiddie pool and an amazing water sprinkler system! This is not the pool I remember growing up with on base. 




1 comment: