Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter: Gifts from the Easter Bunny


Even though I will be giving Alex candy from the Easter Bunny as well, I like to give him gifts that make him think and help him use his imagination. He has recently become obsessed with puzzles, so I got him two more puzzle sets. I also got him some Easter themed books. 


 The Easter Bunny always signs these books and marks his signature with two eggs. 


I wrapped all these gifts in brown Kraft paper. Using a template, I created a bunny silhouette (I got my inspiration from this year’s bunny garland from Paper Source, which I saw in the window of their store a few days ago).


I cut the bunny out of several different springy paper patterns and adhered to the corner of the package.




I then tied the package up using baker’s twine in a similar color scheme. I tied a bow and positioned it close to the neck of the bunny. 





These packages remind me of a song I sing to Alex all the time…brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things. 


Decorating Easter Eggs



We also decorated eggs this past weekend. Alex did most of these all by himself. I just laid down a waterproof/spill proof tablecloth and let him go to work. He decided what colors and also when the eggs were done. The biggest problem: I hard-boiled only a dozen, and he wanted to decorate more!


I love that he dyed so many blue eggs and that he kept them super pale—they are beautiful!



1 comment: