Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter: Bunny Sugar Cookies


In keeping with my Easter prep, I decided to make some bunny sugar cookies. I wanted to keep them simple, so used three colors: white, pink and a touch of brown for the eyes.


I used mybasic sugar cookies recipe, but ran out of white flour, so used ½ cup of whole wheat flour. I have to say: I am not a huge fan of baking with whole wheat flour, but this was so minimal that the cookies still tasted the same.





To decorate them, I lined the cookies with white royal icing and then filled in with white frosting. I let the base dry for about 30 minutes. 




Once the base was dry, I added one small circle for the cheek and let dry (for about 20 minutes). 



After the first cheek was dry, I added the second cheek. Note that the frosting spreads a bit, so you have to make the circle a little smaller than the first one so that they match. 


Once the cheeks were added and dried, I used the pink frosting for the bunny ears and noses, and the brown for the eyes. 


They were really cute and delicious!






No comments:

Post a Comment